It’s a Christmas miracle!
And it worked!
This time I followed a recipe using marshmallow creme instead of marshmallows. I also didn’t overcook it. Turns out, that’s all it took!
The only thing I would have done differently is used a 13×9-inch pan instead of an 8×8. The recipe called for a9x9, which I didn’t have. The fudge came out really tall.
Recipe: Chocolate fudge
Adapted from kraft.com
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 1 small can (5 oz.) evaporated milk (about 2/3 cup)
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Line a 9-inch square pan with foil; set aside. Place sugar, butter and evaporated milk in large heavy saucepan. Bring to full rolling boil on medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 4 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 234°F, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate and marshmallow creme; stir until completely melted. Add vanilla; mix well.
- Pour immediately into prepared pan; spread to form even layer in pan. Let stand at room temperature 4 hours or until completely cooled; cut into 1-inch squares. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.
No related posts.