Here’s a recipe from Tribune editor Sandra Duerr. She grew up in Kentucky, a state known for its bourbon production, so it should come as no surprise that these bourbon balls are her signature homemade holiday treat. She makes a batch to give to friends every Christmas.
Recipe: Hodgenville Bourbon Balls
Makes 6 to 8 dozen
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup bourbon
- 1 stick butter
- 2 pounds powdered sugar
- 1 box (8 squares) semi-sweet chocolate
- ⅓ cake paraffin
- Soak pecans in bourbon overnight.
- Cream the butter with half box of powdered sugar. Add remaining sugar and wet mixture. You may need to add more powdered sugar.
- Place mixture in refrigerator to chill slightly. Form into small balls and refrigerate one hour until firm.
- In top of double boiler, melt chocolate and paraffin. Lower balls into chocolate, then place on wax paper until coating is firm. Store in refrigerator.
No related posts.