A few weeks ago, I showed you guys a cookie stuffed inside a cookie. Today, how about a cookie stuffed inside a brownie?
There's actually an entire layer of Oreo cookies in the middle of these brownies, an awesome surprise for any Oreo-lover (and who doesn't love Oreos?). That Oreo cookie layer, a smattering of chocolate chips and pockets of hot fudge, plus cookies 'n' cream ice cream in the batter, make these brownies super decadent.
Best of all: They're really easy to make, particularly if you use a box mix for the brownies. The bulk of your time here will be spent hovering by the oven as they bake, inhaling that chocolaty smell and salivating.
I used Ghirardelli Double Chocolate brownie mix not just because that's what the blogger who originally posted the recipe used, but also because it's delicious, AND it comes with chocolate chips inside, which saved me the admittedly non-difficult step of tossing a handful of chocolate chips in the batter myself.
Recipe: Oreo fudge brownies
- 1 box of brownie mix
- Eggs and oil, as directed by the back of the brownie box (but no water!)
- A heaping 1/2 cup of cookies 'n' cream ice cream
- 1/4 cup hot fudge sundae topping
- 16 Oreos (for an 8-by-8-inch pan)
- Preheat your oven to 325˚F (or whatever temperature the back of the box suggests) and spray an 8-by-8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the brownie mix, the eggs and oil (for the Ghirardelli mix I used, it was 1 egg and 1/3 cup oil), the ice cream and the hot fudge until combined.
- Spread half the brownie batter into the bottom of the prepared pan, cover with a layer of Oreos, and spread the rest of the batter on top.
- Bake the brownies for as long as the box tells you — it'll probably be around 40 to 50 minutes. You'll know they're done when they're set and a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out with a little moist brownie-ness stuck to it, but not coated with wet batter. You want them to be soft and moist and maybe a little gooey; if the toothpick comes out clean, you've overbaked them.
No related posts.