Hope you know how you’re going to celebrate.
If not, here’s an idea. It’s as easy as spaghetti, but is new and exciting.
There are only six ingredients in the sauce. There’s no chopping. Just a bit of basic measuring. And then you let a food processor or blender do all the work.
And, even better, you don’t have to cook the sauce. Just pour it over the hot pasta and it will warm up nicely.
The original recipe didn’t call for chicken, but because I am a big fan of meat, I boiled up a couple of chicken breasts, shredded them, and then added the chunks to the sauce and pasta.
Throw on some fresh basil and shredded Parmesan and you’ve got a delicious dinner!
Recipe: Pasta with roasted red bell pepper sauce
Adapted from Bride and Groom First and Forever Cookbook
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz. jar roasted red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- Dash of hot sauce
- Kosher salt
- 1 box penne pasta
- Fresh basil
- Parmesan cheese
- Place chicken breasts in pot of water. Bring to a boil; cook until chicken is done, about 15 minutes. Set aside chicken to let cool.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Using two forks, shred chicken into bite-size pieces. (You can also just cut with a knife.)
- Drain jar of roasted red bell peppers and put in food processor. Add heavy cream, balsamic vinegar, garlic clove, dash of hot sauce and pinch of salt. Puree until smooth.
- Put pasta into bowl; add sauce and chicken, and mix until combined.
- Garnish with chopped fresh basil and grated Parmesan cheese.
No related posts.