«

»

Sep 17

Palace Barber Shop

Palace barbershop in San Luis Obispo on Chorro St. circa 1912-13. ©The Tribune

Palace Barber Shop…This interior shot of an old San Luis Obispo landmark was taken sometime between 1912 and 1913. John Fourcade is the bootblack putting a high gloss on Louie Angellini’s shoes. Joe Rodrigues is the first barber, Oscar Lusi is the second barber and B. Johnson is the third barber. The fourth barber is unidentified. The Palace was located on Chorro Street. The picture comes from Mrs. Olive Fourcade.  From Centurama special edition published 5-15-1956. Centurama was a mult-part series published in the then Telegram-Tribune on the 100 year anniversary of the incorporation of San Luis Obispo.

Related posts:

  1. Maino Construction
  2. Chong’s homemade candies
  3. Oilport, before it was Shell Beach part-1