The Telegram-Tribune took the unusual step of wrapping the news pages with a special informational page that emphasized scrap metal recycling. Before it became a cause for the environmental movement recycling metals for war industries were in high demand.
- Midway and the Coral Sea, rationing – World War II week by week
- End of the line for the Pacific Coast Railway Company, World War II week by week
- How to control incendiary bomb fires, World War II week by week
- Klau Mine, Erwin Rommel – World War II week by week
- Headlines shout World War II week by week