Rommel flees North Africa in this edition of the Telegram-Tribune from March 29, 1943.
Shoppers to stampeded into butcher shops across country as meet rationing took hold. Some sold out as early as 10 a.m. Saturday.
Rommel fled North Africa as British and American troops closed in on Tunis.
Air attacks on Germany were stepping up, air generals claimed that bombing alone could win the war.
- Klau Mine, Erwin Rommel – World War II week by week
- Segregation in San Luis Obispo, World War II week by week
- Prisoner of War, Rationing and Kasserine Pass, World War II week by week
- America invades North Africa, World War II week by week
- California elections, World War II week by week