E.E. Long Piano Company touted 10 big improvements as selling points of this new RCA Victor Radio in this ad from October 12, 1931. Here they are but they are not as amusing as the lists David Letterman reads.
1. Automatic volume control.
2, NINE tubes
3. New RCA Victor Super-Heterodyne with Pentode tubes.
4. Shock-proof rubber-floated chassis.
5. Laboratory-scaled life-time condenser.
6. Micro tone control.
7. Noise-eliminating transformer.
8. Stethoscope-tested speaker.
9. Acoustically synchronized cabinets.
10. Hand rubbed waxed lacquer finish.
Come in today and hear this new set—it’s a wonder!