Quoting from the Thursday July 22, 1943 Telegram-Tribune:
“Lieut. Gen. George S. Patton’s Seventh Army raced virtually at will through the collapsed Axis defenses of central and western Sicily today, carrying the invasion campaign through what British military quarters called the mop-up stage in those regions.”
George S. Patton dominated headlines as well as Axis troops on Sicily in this edition from July 22, 1943.
- Sicily invaded, World War II week by week
- Kursk Tank Battle, World War II week by week
- Prisoner of War, Rationing and Kasserine Pass, World War II week by week
- Zoot Suit Riots, Los Angeles 1943-World War II week by week
- Camp San Luis soldiers volunteer, World War II week by week