Tag Archive: 1939

Aug 17

Masonic Temple in San Luis Obispo dedicated

Apron used at dedications of several significant San Luis Obispo buildings including a courthouse, library and temple. Now framed at the Masonic Lodge in San Luis Obispo..

The Masons have a deep sense of history. This apron was used in many ceremonies. It dedicated cornerstones of three court houses including Stockton and Visalia then later San Luis Obispo in 1872. Tribune founder, judge and freemason Walter Murray wore it during the San Luis Obispo courthouse dedication ceremony. The apron outlasted the old …

Continue reading »